The definition of yarn is – a continuous strand that is made of twisted textile fibers. It is used for knitting and weaving purpose. They can be classified into two different categories. Staple or spun yarn or Filament yarn.
You can find the best yarns in a yarn store Australia with Yarn traders. They also provide online shopping with Australia-wide shipping. You can even get free shipping when you shop for over $200.
Spun Yarn – the yarn that is made up of staple fibers in which they are twisted together is named as a staple or spun yarn. This can be easily classified into different subcategories according to the different bases. On the basis of a number of plys the yarn can be classified into two categories:
- Single ply yarn – the staple and spun yarn with a single ply is known as single ply yarn.
- Multi-ply yarn – the staple and spun yarn that consists of more than one ply twisted as one or grouped together is called multi-ply yarn.
On the basis of twisted directions
On the basis of the way the spun yarn is twisted, it can be classified into three different categories, S- twist yarn, Z- twist yarn, less twist, or zero twist yarn.
- S-twisted yarn – the spun or staple yarn that is twisted in a direction of clockwise is called as S – twist yarn.
- Z – twist yarn – staple or spun yarn twisted in direction of anti-clockwise is called Z – twist yarn.
- Twist less yarn or zero twists – this kind of yarn is made up by wrapping soluble filament with staple fibers that are not twisted.
There is a big list of yarn online Australia that can be a part of the classification of types of yarns. Each is differentiated according to different basis like the degree of twist, the process of spinning, and the list can go on.