Kids begin leaving the baby stage at one year old and entering the toddler stage. When it comes to gifts, most 1-year-olds aren’t demanding. They may be excited with the appearance of the packaging compared to what’s inside. Some have already developed their personalities, unique preferences, and abilities. Investing in the appropriate gifts and toys for 1 year olds can set your child up for years of fun. Consider having open-ended toys, like stacking cups and blocks that can be played with in a lot of ways.
When buying toys for your kids, you’ll like to ensure that the toys you select are developmentally appropriate and fun. Children this age are curious about sounds, colors, and textures. Yet, they also want to put things in their mouths, thus you should pick the toys that are easy and safe to keep clean.
Discover the best toys for a 1-year-old
- Boon Building Bath Pipes
- Bath time has involved an even amount of toddler drama in their houses. Their bath-time turnaround happened when they upgrade their toys with these building bath pipes. They’re simple for kids to absorb on the bathtub wall and can be linked to create a twisted path for water. Also, these pipes are an amazing sensory learning tool that aids them to discover cause and effect.
- Fat Brain Toys Oombee Cube Sorter
- Shape-sorting toys can provide toddlers and babies with an early introduction to puzzles. By supporting their work on their problem-solving skills. The shapes are associated with thick strings, thus you won’t be continuously searching under the couch for the missing triangle. Most 1-year-olds will put those textured rubbery shapes straight into their mouths. That’s completely fine since Oombee is teething-friendly and is manufactured from food-grade silicone. That is easy to clean with water or soap or in the dishwasher.
- Small Jellycat Bashful Bunny Stuffed Animal
- A cuddly stuffed friend makes a precious gift for the little kids. It is easy to restore their former sweet plush selves, and luckily they’re simple to wash.
- Edushape Senso-Dot Ball (around 7 inches)
- A lot of toddlers undergo a period of ball obsession, yet provided their still-developing fine motor skills. These are nubby, colorful, and grippy balls that are from Edushape.
- Melissa & Doug Geometric Stacker
- They are limitless varieties of these types of block-on-stick stackers. This Melissa & Doug version over the years is a sort of deluxe wooden incarnation of the classic Fisher Price baby toys. This offers an engagement for many kids in their family, one-year-olds may like to sort by shape or color. And the various shaped towers offer a lot of challenges as babies become toddlers.
These are some of the best toys you can choose for a 1-year-old.