Bikes are not only simple transportation tools, but they are also considered an investment. This is why you worry that it might be stolen when you leave it in public places. Storing bikes in confined spaces can be problematic for the owners or riders. A perfect solution for storing your cycling-related equipment and bikes is a bike shed. They give a dry, secure, and easily accessible location for cycles. When you find the appropriate solution or you consider buy bike sheds online you can make cycling easy.
Know what is a Bike shed
A bike shed is usually a small building that you use to keep your bike. The ideal thing about having one is the amount of security it offers. It is the best place to keep your bikes if you want to keep them outside your house. A great bike storage shed protects your bike from any weather elements and theft that may lead to malfunctioning. Bike storage sheds let you keep your bike and biking equipment, along with your gear safely. Also, bicycles are fragile and must not be parked in the main garage along with heavy machinery and other vehicles as they’re at risk of being damaged from being knocked around.
Check these tips for selecting the right bike storage shed
A bike sheds are an ideal thing if you have some space around the house or in your backyard, it is the best place to store your bicycle. This can make great changes to your yard’s organization, below are some of the things you need to consider when it’s your first time buying some bike sheds.
Know the size of the shed
- The size of the shed you need to look for must be suitable for the number of bikes you will keep in there. That will decide the final dimensions of the unit. If you have two kid bikes and an adult bike, you have to ensure to get a sed that isn’t too big since kid’s bikes are usually smaller and don’t consume much space. Once you prefer having some space to work, then a bigger shed is a great idea.
How you will access the bikes
- The bikes need to fit in the shed, yet how will you access them is a necessary question. It’s not only vital to get them, yet out also. In excellent condition, the bike must be removed without interfering with the others. The bikes will move forward and backward instead of sideways.
- For shed materials, there are three choices such as plastic, metal, and wood.
- Wooden bike sheds
- Wood is a classic material used for bike storage sheds and it is quite budget-friendly.
- Plastic bike sheds
- Plastic bike sheds are also called resin, they are well-known, lightweight, and easy to transport.
- Metal bike sheds
- This material protects your bikes from theft and is water-resistant.