Field Hockey Equipments a Ritual Hockey Member Should Own
If you want to play field hockey, you must have the proper equipment. There are many types of field hockey equipment, and knowing about them will help ensure you are safe and ready to play. Below, we have listed ten types of field hockey pieces of equipment you will need to become a Ritual Hockey member:
- Field Hockey Stick- A long wooden stick with a flat face on one side for striking a ball in field hockey. It is shaped like a blade.
- Field Hockey Ball-A ball made of special plastic that is light in weight so players can easily carry it.
- Shin Guards-A protective gear used to shield the shin and knee joints. It is usually made of soft plastic. It should fit properly to prevent injuries during play.
- Cleats- Sole protection made with a hard material for extra traction for field hockey. Before every game, you should have new ones and avoid using them on astroturf surfaces or artificial grass, as they will cut it. You can also use track shoes, but you cannot use football cleats as they are too rough and heavy for field hockey.
- Helmet- A protective headgear in sports games is used to protect the head and neck. The helmets are made of hard plastic, fiberglass, or metal to withstand the impact of foul or dangerous play.
- Mouth Guard-A protective device that fits in your mouth reduces injuries to your jaw, teeth, and tongue by blocking some of the impact caused by contact with the ball.
- Shin Guards-A protective gear used to shield the shin and knee joints. It is usually made of soft plastic.
- Hockey Pants- A lightweight fabric covering worn under hockey pants for increased comfort on hard surfaces. They are made from a breathable, durable, and comfortable material.
- Hockey Socks- An essential item for field hockey, they are light in weight and have a woven lacing system on both sides, so they fit snugly and do not slide down.
- Hockey Stick Cover-A lightweight and durable cover that fits over the base of a field hockey stick.
- Field Hockey bags-A bag used to carry and store your field hockey equipment. The bags are lightweight and waterproof and have a shoulder strap for convenience.
- Vapor gloves are protective gloves made from a special material that prevents blisters and calluses. It protects the hand from sweat, friction, or grip.
- Soccer shoes-A shoe used for playing soccer or field hockey. It is lightweight and flexible for comfort and has rubber soles for traction when playing on the field or other outdoor surfaces. Soccer shoes are also waterproof, so they can be worn in wet weather without getting your feet wet.
Still wearing the right field hockey equipment makes you feel comfortable playing this game. But you should also wear appropriate clothing as it helps avoid injuries in case of an accident while playing this game. Become a Ritual Hockey member today by getting the right pieces of equipment.